GeoVISION TM Deluxe - Description and Use GeoVISION Home
GeoVISION sales: 800-255-1353
The GeoVISIONTM Deluxe system is the latest in modern borehole video technology
Some Deluxe system features include:
1. The four Color and three Black and White CCD Video 100% solid state interchangeable cameras are small diameter, light weight and highly reliable. They have excellent light sensitivity and low power consumption.
2. Every PVC camera housing is pressure tested beyond its rated depth before it is shipped. There are stainless steel screws in the housing and a brass connector for the cable connection. The camera’s light source, eight white LED’S (Light Emitting Diodes) do not normally burn out or need to be replaced and they consume very little power.
3. The manual Camera Tilt-Head attachment allows the operator, at any time, to tilt the camera head from looking straight down through looking sideways to looking 90° above horizontal (upward) by pulling up on the camera cable. This can be done in 4” or larger boreholes, but this attachment must be used in conjunction with the owner supplied pipe string or a camera weight.
4. The Motorized Pan and Tilt option allows the camera to be pointed in any direction with a joy stick mounted on the control panel.
5. The Camera Support is designed to attach to the centralizer or the pipe string or the support clamp. It consists of a 3/4” female, CPVC Pipe Adapter and 2 stainless steel straps.
6. The Support Clamp has a 3/4” male CPVC Pipe Adapter that allows attachment to the camera support or the centralizer and an acetal plastic split clamp that attaches to the main cable and 2 stainless steel support straps. This takes the tension off of the camera connector.
7. The adjustable camera Centralizer and/or a pipe string (see above) can be attached to the camera support’s female pipe adapter. Use the centralizer to keep the camera in the center of 4” to 14” bores. The nylon straps are adjusted outward so their setting is somewhat smaller than the borehole. The straps are on an outer pipe while the pipe adapters are on the inner pipe. This allows free rotation of the camera without rotation of the nylon straps. Thus, material is less likely to be loosened from the borehole walls by the straps when the pipe string is turned to rotate the camera head. The centralizer should be used with the support clamp or the owner supplied pipe string.
8. The one meter two connector cable is used to connect the camera to the main cable when using the tilt-head attachment.
9. The 2000 motorized winch may be ordered with either: 325,
650, 1000, 1650, and 2000 feet of cable. The cable is a three-conductor
polyethylene coated cable with footage marked at one-foot intervals (+ or – 1%).
The GeoVISION has copper clad steel ground and power wires. The cable has a
tensile strength of about 200 pounds. The cable is used to support the camera
through support clamp. To view the
picture from the camera, the operator uses an owner supplied TV Monitor, TV/
10. The various components are connected to and interact through the System Power Supply. There is a power on/off switch on this box with a red indicator light. The system can be powered from a 115-230 VAC 50-60 Hz sine wave source. The other connectors on the power supply include, microphone in, Audio & Video out and input jacks.
11. Some of the optional attachments include: Cable protector, On-Screen-Depth display, 5” B/W Monitor, 5.6” LCD Color Monitor, Side-Looking Mirror, Compass, Dive Light, Dual-dive light, Tripod for Monitor, Well Head Tripod, Motorized Pan-Tilt. Attachment, 300 Watt 12 Volts DC to 115 Volts AC sine wave inverter, and Emergency Hand-Crank.